xfce4-notifyd Gtk3

Ali Abdallah aliovx at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 16:59:15 CEST 2016

Hey Simon,

Sorry for this very very late reply.

On 05/29/2016 11:21 PM, Simon Steinbeiss wrote:
> Hey Ali,
>
> I tried your Gtk3 port and it works practically flawlessly! Awesome
> work on that!
>
> Here are some observations though:
>  * the labels (summary and content) are centered instead of
> left-aligned, would be nice to get that fixed (or is it an intended
> design choice?)

I'll have a look into it. But I don't remember touching the labels of
the summary and contents. BTW, what about RTL Languages?

>  * the application uses both .osd and .app-notification classes
> (prioritizing .osd) which may contain conflicting styles in themes
> that define both, so e.g. buttons or progressbars might be taken from
> one class and the rest from another. I'd personally favor going for
> only one class (app-notification) instead to avoid this (or at least
> to set this as the primary class)
Okay, I can base the style on app-notification.

>  * the transparency setting in the settings dialog conflicts with the
> rgba feature of Gtk3 themes (not sure what should take precedence
> there, as a themer I would go with the theme, also for consistency
> with other notifications using the css class/styles, but users may
> have a different view on this)

I can add a checkbox to use, by default, the rgba theme settings. User
has to uncheck it to use the transparency slider.

> Cheers
> Simon

Cheers

Ali