Porting xfdesktop to Gtk3

Florian Weigelt weigelt.florian at gmx.net
Wed Dec 28 19:12:51 CET 2016

Thanks for your feedback.
So it looks that mostly the icons are problematic. On a single monitor,
like in my setup, they don't show up at all so this is the first bug I
will be working on. Unfortunately, this is not a bug I introduced with
my changed but deeper in the code. Does anyone know about changes in
Gtk's realize/unrealize logic between Gtk2 and Gtk3?
I will use the free days now to debug the Gtk2 version of xfdesktop to
find out where the differences are.
And in regards to the monitor turning off: Sorry, I cannot debug this here.
Kind regards