Porting xfdesktop to Gtk3
andre42m at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 00:49:25 CET 2016
Thanks and nice work!
I've been using xfdesktop with your patch for a couple of days and
noticed only a few glitches.
I use a notebook + monitor, after login Xfce disables the notebook's screen.
So here is what I could find:
- Desktop icons are not displayed, but if I enable both screens, the
icons are on notebook's screen, disabling the second screen the icons
are moved to my monitor.
- Desktop Settings dialog's content are not resizing vertically
- After dragging a file the selection rectangle appears
- "Show hidden files on desktop" make all the icons disappear (they
reappear if icon size is changed)
- Icon context menus are not dismissed on first click out
- Icons are not correctly themed (Numix here)
On 12/14/2016 01:37 PM, Florian Weigelt wrote:
> Please find attached my initial work on porting xfdesktop to Gtk3. I
> cannot test with a multi monitor setup here, so this would be something
> anybody interested in helping could look into.
> xfdesktop's Gtk3 version only runs when compiled with --disable-thunarx,
> because thunarx pulls in Gtk2 symbols.
> Also, I only worked with -Wno-deprecated-declarations, fixing those
> warnings is work for later.
> Kind regards
> Xfce4-dev mailing list
> Xfce4-dev at xfce.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Xfce4-dev