xfconf VS libxfce4util Resource Config Files for configuration

flo.xfce at gmx-topmail.de flo.xfce at gmx-topmail.de
Sat Apr 30 13:47:04 CEST 2016

The big advantage of xfconf is hierarchical storage. Just have a look at
xfce4-settings-editor - how would you transform the display channel or
xfce4-panel channel settings into an rc file? (Nevertheless an rc file
can also be a valid choice, especially for plugns, which usually have
only a few settings).
The point here is: Different applications have different needs when it
comes to settings storage. You can either use a big complex backend
which tries to address all those needs or multiple lightweight backends.
Have you looked at GSettings? Maybe its more to your liking.

Kind regards