Xfce4-notifyd ported to gdbus and gtk3

flo.xfce at gmx-topmail.de flo.xfce at gmx-topmail.de
Wed Oct 28 12:34:06 CET 2015

Hey,
there are still some issues. Tested with Adwaita, HighContrast, Raleigh and Radiance, Gtk 3.18.
- Opacity does not work at all. It's always 100% opaque.
- Smoke theme: The rounded corners show the underlying rectangle in black. (Independet of the system theme). But those disappear after hovering. Nevertheless there is some 'dirt' left. Hard to describe...no smooth corners.
- Default theme: See Smoke, but only when the system theme is Raleigh.
- Settings manager: Notification settings don't get plugged in: (xfce4-notifyd-config:10526): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to add a widget with type GtkVBox to a container of type GtkPlug, but the widget is already inside a container of type GtkBox, please remove the widget from its existing container first.
When I start the settings directly from command line it works fine, I get Gtk-Message: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is discouraged.
But I guess this is normal behaviour when we want to plug it.

I hope you're not discouraged by all the issues I listed. You've done great work so far.

Kind regards