Back to Xfce!

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 9 11:50:30 CEST 2015

On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 11:33 AM, Simon Steinbeiss <simon at xfce.org> wrote:
> Hi Andreas!
>
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 6:46 PM Andreas Müller <schnitzeltony at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>
> The patches are in my repo [1] - I have them at daily use for embedded
> machines without RTC backup.
>
> I understand gtk3+ has priority but what if I say that datetime setter
> should be prepared for gtk3..
>
> Andreas
>
> [1] https://github.com/schnitzeltony/xfce4-settings/tree/datetime-patches
>

> I haven't had time to look at the code - and to be honest this is the first
> time I read about this. There are just so many open bugreports in bugzilla
> that it's hard to keep an overview...
>

> (My first impression is though that the map might be a bit over the top for
> something so rarely used, as Nick inferred, but that doesn't mean it
> shouldn't be integrated at all.)
>

> I'm quite busy at the moment, but I'll give this a spin as soon as I can
> (and maybe others will too - here's looking at you, Sean ;)) and then we can
> discuss it in the bugreport.
>
> Cheers

Take your time - I've lived fine with few feedback.

Because of I am maintainer for xfce in yocto-project I am simply using
these patches. OK for embedded devices the situation is a bit
different from PC:

* have several platforms (e.g RaspberryPi) which don't backup RTC
* installing a whole new image with default settings for locale (which
don't fit my needs) is daily's job.

I would be fine with a smaller solution without map but as I ported it
from gnome and personally liked it I did with maps.

Andreas