What windows are "popup windows"?

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 15:01:03 CET 2015

No it doesn't really, the alpha channel is not just opaque/transparent,
it's a whole range of transparency. Only thing that /could/ give a hint is
the input shape, if used. But then it would be just daft and break in many
different common use cases.

If your app uses an alpha channel, it ought to draw its shadows itself the
way it wants (like CSD windows with gtk+). Applying shadows on top of CSD
GTK CSD windows for example would look dreadful.

Cheers,
Olivier