xfce4-notes-plugin: annoying behavior with Xfce 4.12

Niki Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Fri May 1 07:39:18 CEST 2015

Hi,

I've been a regular user of the Xfce4 Notes Plugin under Xfce 4.10,
running Slackware64 14.1 on my dual-monitor workstation.

My two screens are usually full with little notes when I have some
bigger project. Until recently, when I started up the PC in the morning
and opened an Xfce session, all my notes would pop up in the place where
I left them on the screen, which would give me a nice overview of my
daily TODO list.

A couple weeks ago, I upgraded Xfce to version 4.12. I also upgraded the
Xfce Notes Plugin to version 1.8.0, which would build against this new
Xfce version.

Unfortunately the new version of the Notes Plugin has a quite annoying
behaviour. Now, when I open my session again, all the notes are stacked
one over another somewhere around the center of the screen, and I have
to manually move them back one after another to their right place.

Is there some way to get the old behavior back? I want my sticky notes
to "remember" the place where I left them on the monitor(s).

BTW, I just tested patching libxfcegui4 and building the old 1.7.7
version of the notes plugin, but to no effect. Same behavior.

Cheers,

Niki
7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr