[4.14 Roadmap] Icon name cleanup
sidnioulz at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 04:38:42 CET 2015
Since we're so fuckin awesome, we're already starting 4.14 development.
Simon proposed an icon name cleanup throughout the entire project.
Here's a possible way to do it for 2 or 3 projects, to experiment:
1. Create BZ report for your project
2. Run the icon-use finding script at
3. Decide which icon names you want to replace by which
4. Communicate a list with the project, so we can build up a Xfce icon
5. Manually commit your changes (to avoid changing non-icon stuff :-( )
Sadly we can't automate everything. Most greps on calls to icon-related
functions would return lines that don't contain an icon name (because of
variables/constants and/or line cutting), and we'd have false negatives.
Grepping *all* the known icon names (3.4k of them...) and STOCK names
(taken all 105 from GTK+ 2 latestl) ensures we don't miss an icon, but of
course we get the occasional mismatch with other strings (e.g. "display" or
I can run a few mini-apps like Screenshooter for testing, though quite
obviously the bulk of the work will be Thunar :-)
University College London
Free Software Developer
OpenPGP : 1B6B1670
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Xfce4-dev