ANNOUNCE: xfce4-hotcorner-plugin 0.0.1 released

killermoehre killermoehre at gmx.net
Fri Jun 26 21:37:25 CEST 2015

Am 26.06.2015 um 10:09 schrieb BrianHsu:
> xfce4-hotcorner-plugin 0.0.1 is now available for download from
>

> http://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/xfce4-power-manager/1.5/xfce4-power-manager-1.5.2.tar.bz2
>

> What is xfce4-hotcorner-plugin?
> ================================
>
> xfce4-hotcorner-plugin is a simple panel plugin, provide an easy way to set
> hot corners on XFCE4 desktop environment.
>
> Currently it supports the following operation on primary display:
>
>  - xfdashboard
>  - toggle desktop
>  - start screensaver
>  - turn off monitor
>  - run custom command
>
> It's still in early development, but should be usable.
>
> Website:
>
>   https://github.com/brianhsu/xfce4-hotcorner-plugin
>

> Release notes 0.0.1
> =======================
>
> This is initial release of xfce4-hotcorner-plugin.
>
> Since I'm not really familiar with XFCE development toolchain and packaging
> for Linux distros, it would be appreciated if someone could help me package
> this plugin to software repository on Linux distributions, and let end users
> install this plugin easily.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
> 許洛豪(Brian Hsu)

Hi Brian,

I packaged your plugin for Arch Linux [1]. I see you still use GTK2 and
libwnck. Both are deprecated in favor of GTK3 and libwnck3. Since Xfce
is porting to GTK3 and the panel >= 4.12 supports GTK3 plugins, you
should switch, too. Just an advice.

Regards

[1] https://aur4.archlinux.org/packages/xfce4-hotcorner-plugin-git