Why design matters

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 16:06:08 CEST 2015

On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 03:24:01PM +0200, Patrik Bubák wrote:

> People using other desktop environments could answer your question, when
> asked why they don't use Xfce. I am most certain they have tried it at
> least once. While answers will vary, I am pretty sure they would all
> agree on design.

Eventhough you talk about choices and freedom, you seem to think how
other major DEs do it is the preferred way.  Did you consider XFCE users
might prefer many of the XFCE styling elements over what is offered by
others?  If all DEs looked similar, how would we have choices?

If you have concrete usability ideas, I'm sure the devs will consider.
As mentioned in another post, bug reports would be more concrete and
helpful.

My 2¢ as a user.

--
Suvayu