Getting window previews

Matthew Brush mbrush at codebrainz.ca
Fri Jul 17 02:30:08 CEST 2015

On 15-07-16 11:43 AM, adlo wrote:
> Do you know of anyone who might know how skippy-xd works, or anyone
> who might know how to convert an X11 pixmap into a GdkPixbuf?

There's

https://developer.gnome.org/gdk-pixbuf/stable/gdk-pixbuf-Image-Data-in-Memory.html#gdk-pixbuf-new-from-xpm-data

I'm not sure that's the way to do it though. I don't think it's terribly
hard to capture a window using XLib. I think the general idea is to call
XGetImage() (or XShmGetImage() maybe) on whichever window you want and
then just iterating the pixels into a GdkPixbuf or cairo_surface_t or
whatever (they probably even have functions to do that part for you from
X11 pixel formats).

Cheers,
Matthew Brush