Begin porting xfce4-notifyd to Gtk3

flo.xfce at gmx-topmail.de flo.xfce at gmx-topmail.de
Tue Jul 7 00:38:42 CEST 2015

I'd rather stick to things I know something about, and theming isn't one
of them. Unfortunatly I won't have the time to start reading into Gtk
styling so I would be happy if someone takes a look at the code.
I am not the one who makes the decisions regarding the future of
notification theming. In my opinion it would be a good choice to just
fix the default theme.
xfce4-notifyd's ToDo list contains the point "make more parts of the
notification themable". Since the notification window itself could be
rewritten (get rid of GtkAlignment for example), widget naming (and
thereby creating more themable parts) could be done at this point, too.
Creating new themes would be less stressful with a stable notification
window.

Regards
Flo