Window previews in xfwm4

Andrzej ndrwrdck at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 27 02:15:25 CET 2015

On 26/01/15 08:09, Olivier Fourdan wrote:

>> I'm using it now, seems great, but when there is 6+ windows open it falls
>> back to icons only switcher.
>> Do you have any idea how to handle lots of windows?
>
> Yes, this is on purpose and depends on your screen size. Reducing the
> windows' pictures is expensive and I reckon once you've reached the
> size of the screen, better switch back to regular icons (and no, it
> won't be an option).

I don't see this limit here - I'm always getting window miniatures. It
really is rather slow - over 1s response time to Alt+Tab with about 15
windows.

Is there an option to force the <6 window limit or completely disable
previews?

> And to be honest. window contents makes sense only if the size of the
> preview is large enough, otherwise it's useless.

Yes, the miniatures are quite small, especially in the "Cycle through
windows in a list" mode. IMHO larger preview sizes would be far more usable.

Thanks,
Andrzej