Window previews in xfwm4

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 09:09:24 CET 2015

Hi

On 25 January 2015 at 02:52, André Miranda <andreldm1989 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Olivier,
> I'm using it now, seems great, but when there is 6+ windows open it falls
> back to icons only switcher.
> Do you have any idea how to handle lots of windows?

Yes, this is on purpose and depends on your screen size. Reducing the
windows' pictures is expensive and I reckon once you've reached the
size of the screen, better switch back to regular icons (and no, it
won't be an option).

And to be honest. window contents makes sense only if the size of the
preview is large enough, otherwise it's useless.

> As Stephan has already mentioned, the application's icon + window preview
> would be even greater.

Patches welcome (good ones, preferably). It's probably quite trivial.

Cheers,
Olivier