Window previews in xfwm4

Stephan Haller nomad at froevel.de
Sun Jan 11 16:24:42 CET 2015

Hi Sonal,

I tried it and ... awesome :) That's the missing feature I had to xfwm4
and it works like a charm. Ok, to be honest it is not working a long
time here but no crashes or strange behaviours since it is running.

I hope your work will be reviewed soon and of cource, accepted :)

But as usual, after one feature another feature request follows ;) Don't
scare it is just a question: Do you think it will be possible (in the
future) to access this preview images publically? E.g. via a function
call or via DBUS or any other fancy interface? It would to great to make
use of it in xfdashboard and would increase the user experience to see
the window content from each minimized (or unmapped) window from the
beginning. So I can get rid of my workaround when the user is using
xfwm4 as his window manager which I believe most setups do. That would
be totally awesome.

Regards,
Stephan