GTK3...2015

Steve Dodier-Lazaro sidnioulz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 15:28:44 CET 2015

Hey Ikey,

Nice to see you posting here! I think the generally agreed upon position of
the team* is that yes, Xfce will be ported to GTK+3. We don't have a
roadmap and clearly delineated list of tasks right now since we're focusing
on releasing 4.12. Some apps and plugins are ported, though.

Do we need help? YES! The project has been going on much smoother in the
past few months, but the task is pretty big and having more experienced
developers would be very helpful indeed! Feel free to come chat with us on
#xfce-dev, too!

Cheers,

*Conflict of interests disclaimer: I personally would prefer Qt, but will
go with the flow of the team. :-) I also don't pretend to be speaking in
the name of everyone, but I expect a lot will agree that GTK+3 is the way
to go.

On 18 February 2015 at 14:21, ikey <ikey at evolve-os.com> wrote:

> Reposting here because I posted to xfc-dev initially by mistake.
>

> So, lets keep this short.
>
> Is the decision to move to GTK3 still agreed on? This isn't
> a pros/cons topic but a yes/no. The subject of Xfce came up
> on Google+ earlier and looking through the git logs it seems
> there is a less active development community nowadays.
>
> Would you like help in getting Xfce ported to GTK?
> If so, I'm sure I can rally up some more GTK3-orientated developers
> on Google+, etc, to all give me a hand in getting some patches together
> and dragging Xfce into GTK3 land.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ikey Doherty
>
> - Evolve OS Founder