Window previews in xfwm4

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 10:17:46 CET 2015

Hi

The size of the preview is configurable via the gtk theme. The more
windows the smaller the view will be, up to the point where it reaches
the icon view size (which, incidentally, is also configurable via the
gtk theme).

You can;t have previews in the cycle list, it's not enabled, so
Andrzej you're probably testing a much older version (which was also
slower as using gdk pixbuf scaling).

I understand the preview can slow things down (but tbh, I tested on a
n270 Atom processor and it's working just fine, so if your computer is
slower than the first generation of Atom processors, you may want to
consider some new hardware... Just sayin' ...)

Anyway, this is why it's optional, if that's too slow for some
hardware, just disable it (and btw, it's disabled by default).

Cheers,
Olivier