Experiments in porting exo to Gtk3

Jonas Kümmerlin rgcjonas at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 20:00:57 CEST 2015

Am Montag, den 10.08.2015, 13:31 +0200 schrieb Harald Judt:
> The exo git master branch has already been ported to gtk3. Most of exo
> can be replaced by standard gtk/glib functionality, so in the midterm we
> want to get rid of exo and that's why it only contains a minimal
> library:

Well, GtkIconView doesn't offer all the functionality of ExoIconView, and
ExoIconChooser doesn't have a Gtk alternative. Since e.g. Thunar relies on these
features (not to mention it requires serious patching to even compile with
Gtk3), I don't see exo going away anytime soon.

Since the mailing list doesn't really like attached patches, my (highly
experimental, not necessarily useful and surely not production-ready) git trees
are also available online: https://github.com/rgcjonas/exo-gtk3 and
https://github.com/rgcjonas/thunar-gtk3