Concerned about the development of xfce.

Eric eric.koegel at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 18:19:23 CEST 2014

Hello Román and welcome!

  Xfce could use more developers, testers, bug wranglers, and all
that. Xfce is still active, the pace is just slow. I contribute
patches here and there when I can and quite a few others do as well.

  My question for you is what would you like to work on? There's a lot
of components to Xfce so it might be best to find things that annoy
you or you might find interesting to work on. For general resources to
help get started there's:
http://docs.xfce.org/contribute/start
and
http://openhatch.org/projects/Xfce

  There's also an #xfce-dev channel on freenode irc if you have a
stable connection and want to chat there. If you have development
questions feel free to bring them up here or on IRC. Hopefully we can
help get you going and any questions you raise may help us improve our
documentation for future contributors as well.

Cheers,
Eric