XFCE4 Hardware Monitor Applet - Port of GNOME 2 Hardware Monitor Applet

OmegaPhil OmegaPhil at startmail.com
Sun Oct 26 17:17:46 CET 2014

On 16/11/13 13:16, Liviu Andronic wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 7:26 PM, Omega Weapon <omegaphil at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Debs: https://github.com/OmegaPhil/hardware-monitor-applet/tree/pkg
>>
> Does checkinstall output a 'debian' folder that I could use to package
> the code for an Ubuntu PPA?
>
> Liviu

Right, it has been a long time coming, but with v1.4.6 of the now XFCE4
Hardware Monitor Plugin I have properly packaged it up Debian-style
(i.e. Lintian clean after invalid overrides), and therefore the debian
directory you're after is present:

Repo: https://github.com/OmegaPhil/hardware-monitor-applet/tree/xfce4-applet

Branch with Debian archives:
https://github.com/OmegaPhil/hardware-monitor-applet/tree/pkg

***WARNING for users with v1.4.5 installed***: The project has been
renamed from hardware-monitor to xfce4-hardware-monitor-plugin, meaning
that your current configuration will not automatically apply to the
upgraded plugin - i.e. all plugin instances will disappear from the
panel the next time you login to XFCE4.

To prevent this from happening, please run the
'1.4.6-upgrade-fix-xfce4-config.bash' script in this project's root
directory after upgrading and before logging out/shutting down.

I'll look into getting an XFCE4 git account now.