Listing our current forces

Andrzej ndrwrdck at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 22 21:22:30 CET 2014

On 22/11/14 18:12, Steve Dodier-Lazaro wrote:

> I'm all in for *fast* release cycles, but not for fixed ones.

One major release every half a year is not fast. Six months is plenty of
time for implementing and testing even major changes (if not, we can
always continue the development in a branch) and it sets a worst-case
delay for smaller contributions to code and translations.

Besides, as it is now, the problem is not in release the code every 6
months, it is in releasing Xfce at all. There is enough changes in git
to warrant several major releases but there is no person willing to do
the job of shipping the stuff out. Partly because 2.5 years after the
last release no one can and wants to tackle this task.