Listing our current forces

Andrzej ndrwrdck at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 22 18:05:36 CET 2014

On 19/11/14 20:20, Steve Dodier-Lazaro wrote:

> Following discussion today on IRC, we've started a Wiki page
> (https://wiki.xfce.org/people) on which all Xfce contributors can list
> the areas in which they're willing to work in the future.
>
> This list will be very useful in:
> - identifying weak spots, where we urgently need new contributors
> - ensuring that each SIG has one person monitoring progress and
> setting milestones

IMHO the key issue now is the lack a release manager. No releases = no
motivation to contribute to the project = stagnation. Since the most
active community these days is Xubuntu I would recommend giving (some
of) Xubuntu folks commit rights to all Xfce components and permission to
release stable Xfce versions every half a year. Assuming they agree, of
course.