Split-panes in Thunar.

Jerry Bond stormyjerry at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 01:57:11 CET 2014

On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 23:39:37 +0100
xfce4-dev-request at xfce.org wrote:

> Re: Split-panes in Thunar.

As Project Manager for MX-14 (mepiscommunity.org/mx), I would like to
write in support of this feature from a user perspective.

1) In a recent thread on the Xfce Forum:

(http://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=9203

the split-pane issue ended up in top position.

2) In a similar thread on our own Forum, it was likewise the most
popular change our users would like to see. A good number have
indicated that the lack of that feature had motivated them to abandon
Thunar for other file managers.

3) The Xfce Wish List for Thunar has multiple entries for a genuine
split-pane feature, and I seem to remember that it is also in Bugzilla
more than once.

4) SpaceFM can provide an idea of one way to handle split panes in a
lightweight manager that has appealed to many of our users.

If it would be useful, we would be glad to test a beta for you from a
user perspective with our Dev Team.

HTH--and thanks for all the good work!

Jerry