ANNOUNCE: xfce4-power-manager 1.3.0 released

Simon Steinbeiß simon at xfce.org
Sat Jun 14 10:16:11 CEST 2014

On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 16:54:38 +0200
Harald Judt <h.judt at gmx.at> wrote:

> I've attached another patch that fixes cut off text in the critical
> energy widget. Maybe it depends on the theme or a custom font size, I
> can't say. You consider it worth applying or not. I hope the width_char
> value is correct.

Thanks, I'll take a look at that!

> Finally, there's something wrong on the system tab; the lid action on
> battery is not shown. I can change it (choose another option), though,
> and the changes are even reflected in the xfce settings editor.
> Haven't got that far to fix it.

So wait, the combobox as a whole isn't shown? (How can you change it when it isn't shown?) How about the "on battery" actions in the display dialog?
I recently tried to make the UI more dynamic (i.e. depending on whether you have a laptop or not) in this commit:
http://git.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-power-manager/commit/?id=6d2c9f889ea7019cf08dc15519dc8dbf2a8d70c4

In case the system_laptop check doesn't always work as planned I guess I'll have to come up with a better way to fix this...

Cheers
Simon