ANNOUNCE: xfce4-power-manager 1.3.0 released

Simon Steinbeiß simon at xfce.org
Tue Jun 10 12:11:35 CEST 2014

On Tue, 10 Jun 2014 09:20:15 +0200
Guido Berhoerster <gber at opensuse.org> wrote:

> Thanks, looks good.

Thanks for testing, merged it.

> The system_laptop name is misleading, but looking at the code it
> is just set depending on the presence of any battery or UPS
> device so it does what it is supposed to do.

Yeah, we're not yet in the phase where we start to rename variables, there are still more pressing issues ;)

> If you want to test on a desktop without any devices recognized
> by upower you could try qemu/kvm.

Yeah, I think Eric did a test with kvm or qemu.

> Hmm, works fine for me in glade 3.8.4.

Just built it and ran it (I think it's an ubuntu-specific thing that glade is so broken here).
Honestly, I don't like either of the two options much. What was planned from the beginning – I simply haven't had time for it though until 1.3.0 – was using another GtkScale for this setting.
I've implemented this locally and it looks much nicer (obviously it shows the percentage below the scale), so I think that's what I'm going to push.

Cheers
Simon