custom-WebBrowser

Nick Schermer nick at xfce.org
Tue Feb 25 16:08:59 CET 2014

Hi,

Forums are for users, not for development.

We cannot referrer to the browser name, since this is a translatable
string [in the desktop files], so therefore the desktop file name is
used as this is unique. That said, yes there is a directory of desktop
files shipped with the exo package with all 'known' browsers, editors
and terminals because there is a lot of difference in the way
applications are spawn with arguments.

To give an example for terminals:
xterm uses: xterm -e @args
xfce4-terminal uses xterm -x @args

This is not standardized in the .desktops files shipped with the
application in situations like this, so there is no other option than
collecting this our selfs.

Nick