Why not reusing more GNOME components?

Harold Aling xfce at sait.nl
Fri Aug 29 13:07:21 CEST 2014

On 29 August 2014 12:43, Sébastien Wilmet <swilmet at gnome.org> wrote:
> Ok, but it requires more configuration. There is no Linux distro that
> can be installed directly with the Xfce desktop but with GNOME
> applications.

Xubuntu installs the Xfce desktop with Gnome applications like
NetworkManager, GConf, Gnome icons & themes, Keyring, Gparted, and
lots more.

That's why I always start with a CLI Ubuntu install and install Xfce*)
myself. I don't like "lots more" ;)

-H-

*) xfce4-session, xfwm4, xfce4-power-manager, xfce4-panel and a couple
of panel plugins; no xfdesktop4 since I seldom see my desktop.