Xfce 4.12 stabilization

Guido Berhoerster gber at opensuse.org
Mon Aug 11 12:09:51 CEST 2014

* Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac at debian.org> [2014-08-11 11:23]:
> On lun., 2014-08-11 at 11:12 +0300, Eric wrote:
> >   If you run into issues with xfpm and SystemD you may want to talk to
> > Simon or Sean since they did a lot of work and testing with it.
>
> Yeah, I need to do some more thorough tests. One issue was about the
> screen locking setting. Since xfpm doesn't handle inhibits, people need
> to disable logind suspend on lid switch, to only have xfpm handle it,
> but even with that there are apparently issues with non locked screens.
> This might be hidden for people using light-locker.

xfpm does inhibit systemd handling of power buttons/lid switch
since 1.3.0, older versions need to be patched:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/openSUSE:13.1/xfce4-power-manager/xfce4-power-manager-systemd-inhibit.patch?expand=1

> >  Since xfpm
> > went to using pkexec instead of the sudo helper I did the same with
> > xfsm. It also includes a couple other patches that were sitting in
> > xfsm's bugzilla. It's located at:
> > http://git.xfce.org/users/eric/xfce4-session/log/?h=xfsm-new
> >
> Hmh, pkexec means policykit, isn't it? So (on Debian at least, not sure
> about elsewhere, like non Linux) that brings libpam-systemd/logind, and
> I'm not sure it'll work on non Linux, even with something like
> systemd-shim.

polkit supports ConsoleKit as a backend and should work fine
without systemd on Linux/BSD/Solaris.
--
Guido Berhoerster