ANNOUNCE: xfce4-power-manager 1.3.0 released
eric.koegel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 09:27:23 CEST 2014
xfce4-power-manager 1.3.1 is now available for download from
SHA1 checksum: ecd3bfbca5ca668305a24734435dbe3bbd3193e6
MD5 checksum: b97bfabe8ad54baa11ac79aadcb6e81a
What is xfce4-power-manager?
This software is a power manager for the Xfce desktop, Xfce power
manager manages the power sources on the computer and the devices that
can be controlled to reduce their power consumption (such as LCD
brightness level, monitor sleep, CPU frequency scaling). In addition,
xfce4-power-manager provides a set of freedesktop-compliant DBus
interfaces to inform other applications about current power level so
that they can adjust their power consumption, and it provides the
inhibit interface which allows applications to prevent automatic sleep
actions via the power manager; as an example, the operating system’s
package manager should make use of this interface while it is performing
Release notes for 1.3.1
[Please note that this is a development release.]
Development release of xfce4-power-manager.
Please report all problems at bugzilla.xfce.org.
Xfce4-power-manager has changed how the xfce4-pm-helper application
is used. Now the pm-helper is called by pkexec (provided by polkit),
which means for users of xfpm that have UPower 0.99 installed and
aren't using LoginD everything will work as before. In 1.3.0 options
in the settings dialogs were unavailable because xfpm was still
looking for the old UPower authorization rules which get uninstalled
on the upgrade to UPower 0.99.
Simon Steinbeiss and Harald Judt have contributed many improvements
to the power manager settings dialog. Harald also added a minimum xfconf
value setting for the brightness slider so that users whose display goes
completely dark at 0 can exclude that value if they desire.
The battery plugin can now be built as an LXDE plugin (Bug 10929).
The brightness plugin has been merged into the battery indicator plugin.
This allows for the removal of duplicated code, puts all those settings in
one plugin, and allows us to easily provide that functionality to LXDE.
The disk spin down feature was removed. The default settings for it
actually had it configured so that it would never work, it was using
the old UDisks 1 API, and would be useless for SSD drives and non-Linux
- Simon P fixed a memory corruption crash (Bug 11018).
- OnlyShowIn was changed to a NotShowIn for the .desktop files (Bug 11009)
- Selecting a device in the plugin brings up the details in the settings
- Improve strings in devices tab and add percentage (Bug #6652)
- Fork before gtk/dbus init
- Andrzej Added support for multi-row panel layouts for the plugin
- Restore screen power after sleep (Bug 10535)
- Samuli Suominen fixed suspend/hibernate with UPower 0.9.23 (Bug 10931)
- Carl Simonson added a notification popup when changing keyboard brightness
- Minumum UPower requirement was lowere to 0.9.7 to support FreeBSD
- Devices tab flickers on update (Bug 10937)
- Improve lid-action strings (Bug #6515)
- Carl Simonson added a reasonable step value for keyboard brightness
- Let xfpm control X11's screensaver extension
Translation updates: Arabic (ar), Asturian (ast), Bulgarian (bg),
Chinese (Taiwan) (zh_TW), Croatian (hr), Dutch (Flemish) (nl),
English (Australia) (en_AU), French (fr), German (de), Hungarian (hu),
Indonesian (id), Italian (it), Japanese (ja), Korean (ko), Malay (ms),
Norwegian Bokmål (nb), Polish (pl), Portuguese (pt),
Portuguese (Brazilian) (pt_BR), Russian (ru), Swedish (sv),
Spanish (Castilian) (es), Thai (th), Ukrainian (uk).
More information about the Xfce4-dev