Some UX changes to Screenshooter

Guido Berhoerster gber at opensuse.org
Wed Apr 30 08:51:53 CEST 2014

Hi,

* Steve Dodier-Lazaro <sidnioulz at gmail.com> [2014-04-30 02:05]:
>     * lib/screenshooter-capture.c, configure.ac.in, Makefile.am: Notify the
> ability to cancel a
>     region selection with Esc -- this is somewhat controversial as it
> requires a dependency to
>     libnotify -- however that lib is already used by xfce4-volumed,
> xfce4-power-manager, Thunar and
>     obviously xfce4-notify so it would be problematic only for a subset of
> users. Of course there's
>     a compile-time switch. I'd like the change to occur to improve the
> learnability of the feature.
>
> https://github.com/Sidnioulz/xfce4-screenshooter/commit/3213b49f33a418f4f905c05cab357de76ce79112

I personally dislike the use of notification for this, not
because of the libnotify dependency but because help messages are
not really their intended purpose and the notification can get in
the way. Maybe rendering the text on the ovelay window would be
better.
If you must use libnotify, at least cancel the notification when
the selections is finished instead of just a 3 second timeout.
The other fixes look good to me.
--
Guido Berhoerster