How to contribute a simple feature for xfce4 terminal?

Timothy Fenney kodekata at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 21:57:44 CEST 2014

Hello all,

I'm getting a 404 on the archives, so if this has been answered
elsewhere, your patience is appreciated.

I have added a small function to xfce4-terminal in
terminal/terminal-image-loader.c, "terminal_image_loader_best_fit".
The existing functions either don't necessarily cover the terminal
background with the image (e.g. terminal_image_scaled), or don't
necessarily preserve the aspect ratio of the image (i.e.
terminal_image_stretched).

terminal_image_best_fit will provide a centered background image
scaled just big enough to cover the background, while preserving
aspect ratio.

I would submit a patch, but it would be broken; right now I am
overriding the "Scaled" style of the preferences dialog to select my
desired behaviour. ("Terminal
Preferences->Appearance->Background->Style")

Is there a straightforward way to get glade to add the style? Is there
a place where this is documented? Does the team like getting patches
with functions that need to be "wired up"?

Kind regards,

Timothy Fenney