BACKUP / RESTORE for xfconfd files

Lampersperger Andreas lampersperger.andreas at heidenhain.de
Thu May 2 14:37:33 CEST 2013

Hello Stephan and others,

on my system, I want to backup and restore the xml-Settings-Files
from xfconfd during a running xfce session.

I have attached a small patch for xfconf 4.10.0 to have a
 - proper response on SIGHUP (reread all xml files and
   trigger all registered callbacks for changes)
 - do a flush on SIGUSR2.

No I can backup and restore any xfconf xml files
(e.g. ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/*) during a running
Xfce session with the following shell commands:

#---- Do a backup of xfce4 configuration
killall -SIGUSR2 xfconfd
#call external backup tool

#---- Do a restore of xfce4 configuration
#call external restore tool
killall -SIGHUP xfconfd

It would be fine for me if you have a look on this patch
and maybe integrate it in next versions of xfconf?

Andreas

mailto:lampersperger.andreas at heidenhain.de
tel.: +49 8669 31 1791

DR. JOHANNES HEIDENHAIN GmbH
Dr.-Johannes-Heidenhain-Str. 5
83301 Traunreut, Deutschland
http://www.heidenhain.de

Registergericht: Traunstein / Registry Court: HRB 275 - Sitz / Head Office: Traunreut
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender / Chairman of Supervisory Board: Rainer Burkhard
Geschäftsführung / Management Board: Thomas Sesselmann (Vorsitzender / Chairman),
Michael Grimm, Matthias Fauser, Sebastian Tondorf

E-Mail Haftungsausschluss / E-Mail Disclaimer