Introduction and request for access to the wiki and docs.xfce.org

Kevin Bowen kevin.bowen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 11:32:45 CET 2013

On Wed, 2013-03-06 at 17:43 -0800, Kevin Bowen wrote:
> Hello,
> I have been a user of Xfce for a number of years, and I would like to
> offer my assistance in contributing to Xfce's development. I am willing
> to make a regular and reasonable time commitment to this if I can be of
> service.
> I am hoping that I might start by working on the web documentation and
> wiki.
>
> Would it be possible for me to be granted access privileges to edit the
> wiki and web documentation? There are some typos and grammatical errors
> that I would like to improve to get myself more familiar with the
> structure of the project.
>
> If possible, I would be interested in working with the existing team
> members to improve the accessibility of the Xfce documentation, both on
> the web as well as within the installed applications.
>
> While I am not a developer(most of my experience has been as a network
> engineer - operations, design, training, and documentation), I am
> comfortable with the basic usage of git repositories as well as bug
> tracking systems, if this helps.
>
> Please let me know if you have any questions regarding my skills or
> experience and keep up the great work.
>

> Best regards,
> Kevin Bowen

Thanks to cavalier and m8t in IRC, I have gotten access to the
wiki.xfce.org docs.

Can I also get write access to docs.xfce.org and goodies.xfce.org?
I'm not quite ready to push page changes through git, but I can get a
change list of page updates if you guys are really concerned about
vetting people to have write access. I didn't realize that you needed so
many logins for your site and documentation(I've got 3 logins already
for your site...).

Are there any other accounts that I might need to edit the documents on
the webpages? There are no registration instructions on these pages.

Thanks again for your help,

Kevin Bowen