I would like to contribute to XFCE

Jérôme Guelfucci jeromeg at xfce.org
Sun Mar 10 16:03:46 CET 2013

Hello,

On 04/03/13 00:05, Ondřej Kulatý wrote:
> Thanks for the answers. I've searched through bugzilla for some bugs I
> could fix. Here they are:
>
> Bug 4519 - navigating with "left"/"right" keys in tree side pane
> Bug 8139 - Can't remove icon from custom action
> Bug 9865 - Thunar shows wrong number of elements
> Bug 9800 - url's with ( in them aren't selected right
>
> I would like to fix at least some of these. I've tried to reproduce
> them and they seem to be valid. Please let me know whether I can start
> fixing them.
>
> I have also noticed this howto on wiki:
> http://wiki.xfce.org/dev/howto/contribute. It says that I can branch
> off the main branch, and then push my changes to Github. What is
> better then? To post patch as a comment in bugzilla or follow this
> Github approach?

If you are working on a big thing which requires a lot of changes, where
its worth splitting the commits, then pushing your commits to Github or
Gitorious is a good idea.

If the change is "simple" and a single commit makes it clear what is
going on, then attaching the patch from git format-patch to the bugzilla
is enough.

I'm looking forward to seeing your first contributions, don't hesitate
if you have more questions.

Cheers,

Jérôme