xfce4-equake-plugin v1.03 released

Jeroen van Aart jeroen at mompl.net
Fri Jun 21 22:57:54 CEST 2013

On 06/20/2013 11:01 PM, Liviu Andronic wrote:
> Looks very nice.

Thank you (and to Marco).

> Several random points:
> - It would increase the plugin's visibility in the Xfce community if
> it were registered with the Xfce goodies ( http://goodies.xfce.org/ )

I am bit new to xfce so I wasn't aware of this. I will look into it.

> - I browsed the http://www.e-quake.org/ blog, but I couldn't find a
> link to the repo containing the source code. Could you provide the
> link?

I don't have a public repo (yet). I presume that would be necessary for
xfce goodies?

> - I'm also looking for the repo containing the Android version of
> Equake (and that of Search Incognito), to propose it for inclusion in
> F-Droid. In this case the online repo is absolutely necessary.

The android apps are not (yet) open source, so I don't think that would
work for now.

> - Has some already come up with Debian packaging rules for the Xfce Equake?

No, I have been thinking of creating deb packages but have been putting
it off for now. It would seem yet another struggle, just like the xfce
build environment (not a criticism, it's just a learning curve one has
to go through). I am glad I have a working autotools setup for both the
gnome and xfce versions.

> - Just a wild idea: Maybe there is scope integrating the Equake plugin
> with the Weather plugin (say, by adding an Equake tab)?

I like the ability to just glance at the panel to see what's the newest
earthquake. I guess the source could be forked to integrate in a weather
plugin. But in my case as a user it would partially defeat the purpose
of being instantly visible.

> And lastly, is there a way to specify a location (or several
> locations) in particular to monitor? Say, the area around Germany and
> Argentina?

That's a good idea and I have played around with that idea myself a year
or so ago. I'll have to research that but it certainly could be a useful
feature.

Greetings,
Jeroen

--