gnome_url_show() alternative

Jeroen van Aart jeroen at mompl.net
Tue Jun 11 20:02:01 CEST 2013

On 06/11/2013 02:03 AM, Peter de Ridder wrote:
> Are your looking for gtk_show_uri [1]?
> This uses gio and the mime database to find the browser.

I responded to my own email a few days ago about gtk_show_uri the following:

"Uh nevermind, it needs gvfs which for obvious reasons I am not using.
Still looking. Guess I'll just go through panel-plugin sources..."

It's not working for urls unless gvfs exists (I tried it). It would work
for file paths without gvfs as far as I know.

Anyways, there are two solutions using exo library, either running the
external command or the internal function, so I am good.

Thanks,
Jeroen

--
Earthquake Magnitude: 4.4