URL pattern matching in xfce4-terminal

Jeff Shipley jshipley at fastmail.fm
Mon Jul 22 20:22:25 CEST 2013

Hey, I've been poking around Xfce to see where/how I can get involved,
and I ended up finding a few things in xfce4-terminal that could use
some attention.

The first thing that I'd like to work on is URL pattern matching. It
looks like Terminal incorrectly matches URLs with parens in them (like
Wikipedia loves to use) (bug #9800), and does some weird thing with
matching things after slashes or with pairs (brackets, parens, etc.)
(bug #7959).

I took a look at gnome-terminal to see it handles URLs, and it looks
like it handles them almost exactly the same. The regex code even looks
almost identical. They also have a handful of bugs filed against the URL
matching (some with patches).

Is this something that has been discussed/attempted recently?

--
Jeff Shipley