XFWM: Hide titlebar when maximized

Valentin Dudouyt valentin.dudouyt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 16:18:37 CET 2013

Olivier Fourdan <fourdan <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Quite frankly, no, I am not in favor of this knowing that there are
> already 3rd party apps for this purpose (Ubuntu had one, can't
> remember it's name though, I'm sure someone will promptly come up with
> its name).
>
> But you can send it to bugzilla, so that the patch is kept if someone
> else wants it, it's juts that I don't think it's suitable upstream.
>
> Cheers,
> Olivier

Hello,

Most probably you're referring to the popular tool named Maximus
(https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/maximus). Unfortunately, it has two big
disadvantages to use:
1) It comes with Gnome dependencies
(including such as libgnomeui and even libgconf)
2) It has a really nasty bug: the windows doesn't lose their titles when
initializing maximized. I have to make them normal, and maximize them again.

So I applied the change described by Andreas - and it's working fine.
It would be really great if we could have a checkbox - or as least a
simple setting in Xfconf.
(By the way, why do you think that's not something that the window manager
shouldn't do - even if considering with an extensive nature of Xfce Desktop?)

Thank you very much,
Valentin.