xfce4-mixer patchset

Guido Berhoerster gber at opensuse.org
Mon Sep 24 00:58:18 CEST 2012

* Natanael Copa <ncopa at alpinelinux.org> [2012-09-22 22:13]:
> On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 01:26:12 +0200
> Guido Berhoerster <gber at opensuse.org> wrote:
>
> > Right now the logic is that the lowest volume is always at the
> > side of the popup that borders on the button. I can somewhat
> > understand that this might be confusing...
>
> We don't turn the text and icons upside down when moving the panel to
> the top. I think what is up and what is down should follow the text and
> icons.
>
> I sent you a patch offlist yesterday.
>
> When I think of it... Why do we need a horizontal scale at all? Could
> we not simply let the scale always be vertical? We don't change
> orientation of the icons. That would make the code even smaller.
>
> Where do you want me to git send-email patches to?

Thanks, I've already addressed it now, though in another way.
When the panel is oriented horizontally the scale will always be
to to bottom and when oriented vertically it will always be left
to right and in addition the direction is indicated by icons to
the left and right of the of the scale, mostly inspired by how
the gvc-applet handles it.
--
Guido Berhoerster