xfce4-mixer patchset

Landry Breuil landry.breuil at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 23:17:16 CEST 2012

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 5:44 PM, Guido Berhoerster <gber at opensuse.org> wrote:
> * Mark Trompell <mark at foresightlinux.org> [2012-09-21 14:57]:
>> On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Guido Berhoerster <gber at opensuse.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hello,
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> > a while ago I've done a bit on xfce4-mixer aiming at fixing some
>> > long-standing bugs, modernizing the code, improving usability and
>> > adding a couple of features. Unfortunately Jannis hasn't been able
>> > to find time reviewing the patchset so I'd appreciate it if someone
>> > could help out with reviewing the code.
>>
>> End of last year Jannis was searching for new maintainers for some of
>> his projects (including the mixer)[1].
>> Maybe you can want to take over the mixer yourself.
>
> Thanks, it's already been dealt with off-list. I'd still
> appreciate it if people tested the new code, it is now also
> available from the xfce4-mixer repo in the gber/improvements
> branch.

I've tried building it, but failed since it inconditionally depends on
a new thing (keybinder) not packaged yet on OpenBSD. If possible, make
this dependency optional... and it could have been integrated with the
xfce keyboard shortcuts dialog instead of doing its own handling in
its corner.
Adding the dependency on libunique could be avoided too, since i think
this functionality is now provided by GtkApplication.

That said i'm really happy to see someone taking over development of
xfce4-mixer, it needed some love, so i'd be happy to test your git
branch once those dependency issues are "fixed".

Landry