Panel plugins maintainers

Guido Berhoerster gber at opensuse.org
Wed May 30 12:42:59 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 30.05.2012 12:17, Harald Judt wrote:
> Do any of these plugins need a maintainer? Since I'm already in the
> process of writing patches for most of them and got some experience with
> their inner workings, I'd volunteer to have some fun and do the job.
>
> cpugraph (6 open bugs)
> date-time (16 open bugs)
> time-out (6 open bugs)
> timer
> weather (26 open bugs)

the weather plugin might involve quite a bit of work since free access
to the webservice it relies on has been canceled (bug 8105).

> wavelan
>
> Or maybe there are any plugins except the ones I listed that would need
> a maintainer?

Judging from the number of patches in my packages mailwatch and
quicklaunch are in pretty bad shape.

> My goals: Fix bugs, make plugins consistent (according to the HIG and
> compared to the other plugins), rewrite badly written code to make it
> easier to maintain and implement additional features, adapt to 4.9 panel
> where it has not happened yet, maybe add additional features when deemed
> worthwile.

Work on any of the unmaintained packages would be much appreciated.
--
Guido Berhoerster