Menu Editor

Raphael Groner raphgro at web.de
Sat May 5 22:03:50 CEST 2012

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Sat May 5 21:11:02 CEST 2012
> Are you that person?

Well, that really depends on what is expected from that person. We have
Alacarte around there. I can patch Alacarte for myself to get it working
well for my needs (if there are any at all). When I talk with other
users, they seem not to be so happy to have to patch Alacarte by
themselfs due to there's no official release for Xfce needs.

Considering my work, the idea is to replace gnome-menus2 with garcon.
Maybe if Alacarte gets started in a special Xfce only mode (by
parameter or so). There are users around who don't want to install any
Gnome stuff at all, can you imagine this?

A good collection of so far available patches can be found here:
<alacarte-xfce> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=50850

Last but not least, some users have already complained not being happy
with Alacarte at all because of that and that feature not working how
they expect or missing completely …

So the question goes back to you: What are your doubts?

Regards,
Raphael