First gtk3 results

Nick Schermer nick at xfce.org
Sat May 5 11:53:49 CEST 2012

So, Stephan and I ported libxfce4ui and xfce4-appfinder and these are
the first memory results.

  Private  +   Shared  =  RAM used       Program
   5.6 MiB + 781.5 KiB =   6.3 MiB       xfrun4 (gtk3)
   2.8 MiB +   1.2 MiB =   4.0 MiB       xfrun4 (gtk2)

  Private  +   Shared  =  RAM used       Program
   6.0 MiB + 943.0 KiB =   6.9 MiB       xfce4-appfinder (gtk3)
   3.1 MiB +   1.4 MiB =   4.5 MiB       xfce4-appfinder (gtk2)

This is on the same system with the beautiful Raleigh theme. The
private size doubled, which is quite bad. Don't think this will get much
worse with applications like Thunar, because memory wise xfce4-appfinder
is hungry with all the icons, but my best guess is that we will see this
with all other applications.

Nick