Mousepad Master Help

Matthew Brush mbrush at codebrainz.ca
Sat May 5 06:38:14 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have Nick's new Mousepad re-write all ready to go into master. I have
tagged the old master branch as `legacy` and made a copy of it in the
`legacy-master` branch. Now I need to push "my" master, which is causing
a reject. I tried to push with `--force` and `:master` and also to
delete the old master branch and push mine but it won't let me delete
master with same error as last. I checked the history in `gitk` and it
looks OK, so I think maybe some translations are messing with merging
somehow?. I tried to `git pull --rebase` from git.xfce.org remote but it
wouldn't succeed.

Can someone "force" push the new master branch[0] to git.xfce.org or
tell me what I can do to put my "local master" into the one stored on
git.xfce.org myself?

Cheers,
Matthew Brush

[0] https://github.com/codebrainz/mousepad