[Xfce 4.12] Roadmap and Features

Stephan Arts stephan at xfce.org
Fri May 4 15:43:38 CEST 2012

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 3:34 PM, Vladimir Kravets <vova.kravets at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/5/4 Stephan Arts <stephan at xfce.org>
>> These will be separate gtk3 branches that will be merged into master
>> once the porting is complete. (see release-process[0])
>

> Yes I know that, but porting can take a lot of time and other mainteners
> should also update you code in time. Because we don't want to release
> version in which half plugins will not working.

If you read the release-process carefully, you see this has been taken
into account.

>> As always, we develop one version and maintain another.
>>
>> 4.10 is stable
>>
>> 4.12 is under development and will be ported to gtk-3 (development
>> versions leading to 4.12 will be labeled 4.11.x)
>>
>> [1] http://mail.xfce.org/pipermail/xfce4-dev/2011-November/029342.html
>

> After reading above message I think we are talking about one thing =) In my
> case I'm only propose bump new version.
> In any case I think this make sense since core modules will NOT changed.
>
> BWT will we have another releases for 4.10 branch with urgent/high issues?

This is also covered in the release-model.
Nick has explained this nicely on blog.xfce.org earlier this week [0]

In summary: Every component will have independent 4.10.x releases that
incorporate bugfixes.

Regards,

Stephan

[0] http://blog.xfce.org/2012/05/questions-after-the-4-10-release/