Gtk3 for Xfce 4.12?

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Wed May 2 16:06:32 CEST 2012

On 05/02/2012 12:40 PM, Landry Breuil wrote:
> Since theming changed a lot with Gtk3, that might affect a lot plugins
> who like to use GtkRc (or other hacks) to set their own colors/style
> for progressbars and such.. dunno if that'd still work with Gtk3.
> GtkRc still seems to be in Gtk3, but marked as deprecated.

I don't know if it was/is good practice to use hacks to set custom
styles per apps anyway. If not else, it makes the life of artists/theme
designers harder. And sometime packagers' too, if you have to ship a
bunch of hacks to revert hacks. Ugh.

Just my two cents,
Pasi

Leader of Xubuntu and Shimmer Project       » http://shimmerproject.org/