xfdesktop not being replaced

Leandro Cassa leandro.cassa at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 15:24:11 CET 2012

Hi Folks,

I'm a newbie on xfce development and I hit a problem when I was doing some
very very basic stuff.

I simply downloaded the src for xfdesktop and was able to make/make install
on a predefined folder. Thing is, although I did some changes to
windowlist.c file I can't see those changes going on when I call xfdesktop
--windowlist. I thought myself it was due to Xfce session or something, so
I created a VirtualBox machine to avoid harming my own system. To make
things work fine I moved the original /usr/bin/xfdesktop and created a new
one pointing (symlink) to my version of xfdesktop, but even logging out and
logging in again does not get my changes to the desktop environments.

Can you help?
I know is boring to help newbies, but everyone has been one after all...

Regards,
    Leandro Cassa

--
"Free Mind, Free World, Free Code!"