Xfwm4-Tiling

André Miranda andreldm1989 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 04:02:12 CET 2012

Em 11/01/2012 23:52, Matthew Brush escreveu:
> It's not even the multi-monitor part that bothers me, it's the fact
> that when I place a window at the edge of the screen, something I do
> very frequently, instead of snapping the window to the corner/edge, it
> takes the whole window hostage and maximizes along the corner, edge,
> or the entirely of the screen.

What about a timer? If you drag the window to the edge of the screen and
rapidly release the mouse button then the normal behaviour will occur,
your window at the same size in that location. But if you drag the
window to the edge and keeps the mouse button pressed for let's say
1500ms(maybe it can be set by the user) then a "semi-transparent
rectangle" is displayed indicating how the window is gonna be scaled and
if you release the mouse button(still at the edge) then you got your
scaled window.
What do you think?

Regards,
André Miranda