Patch for xfce-volumed (new dialog)

Steve Dodier-Lazaro sidnioulz at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 01:39:17 CET 2012

Hi,

I'll review your patch when I have some time. Next time, please use the bug
tracker to notify me of a patch.

However, I am also totally in disagreement with the use of GsdWindow. It it
way too intrusive, in my opinion, to display a volume change right in the
middle of the screen. There is a difference between providing feedback and
invading you with information you consider of secondary importance.

Regards,

2012/1/6 Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac at debian.org>

> On ven., 2012-01-06 at 21:02 +0300, Алексей Коновалов wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > Indicator that appears in the xfce-volumed, when you change the sound
> volume is
> > not as beautiful as an indicator that shows when you change the screen
> > brightness (xfce-volumed uses libnotify, but xfce-mixer used in the
> > media-keys-window from gnome settings daemon). So I decided to make the
> > possibility of building xfce-volumed using gsd-media-keys-window. The
> letter is
> > attached my patch and a screenshot, which shows a new window.
> > By default, the project is built using libnotify. To build using the
> > gsd-media-keys-window have to run autogen.sh with the key
> --with-gsdwindow.
> > I am new to the world's open source and apologize in advance if I did
> > something wrong.
> > Sorry for my bad english
>
> Fwiw, I really prefer the volumed notification than the xfpm or gsd ones
> (and would love to have them in xfpm)
>
> Regards,
> --
> Yves-Alexis